Sul suono di DAC, OpAmp, PSU e molto altro ancora...

Uno sguardo sulle discussioni in atto nei vari siti mondiali di audiocostruzione. Appuntamento periodico con le novità segnalate dai nostri recensori.
Rispondi
UnixMan
sostenitore

Sul suono di DAC, OpAmp, PSU e molto altro ancora...

Messaggio da UnixMan »

Un (vecchio) post che vale la pena (ri)leggere:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-st ... post754215
Ciao, Paolo.

«Se tu hai una mela, e io ho una mela, e ce le scambiamo, tu ed io abbiamo sempre una mela per uno. Ma se tu hai un'idea, ed io ho un'idea, e ce le scambiamo, allora abbiamo entrambi due idee.»
UnixMan
sostenitore

Re: Sul suono di DAC, OpAmp, PSU e molto altro ancora...

Messaggio da UnixMan »

dallo stesso topic:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-st ... post755736
janusz ha scritto:Hi Klaus and all,

I think, for most of the time, we are talking about two different things. Since the end of the 1970s until 1981 I worked part time as a music presenter and consequently got involved in the recording of music. At that time I was also a in DIY – not a fanatic but seriously involved designing my own systems from a scratch and these were active. In those times almost everything was discrete and, as it is today, speakers were the weakest link when reproduction of music was concerned.

One day we (I was not alone in this) decided to find out which speaker drivers available to us were most faithful in this respect. A panel of musicians was to tell us which are the most faithful reproducers. The reason for turning to musicians was obvious. Not because their hearing is the best (most young people have good hearing) but because they have well above the average musical memory and they can not only remember but also “produce” and “reproduce” music.

Very quickly we found out that we have to concentrate on improvised music in our tests. Reason for that was simple – only then the whole concentration was turned towards comparing live performance with reproduced sound rather than noting that this particular half note on C was not really …

The interesting part was that in some cases responses were inconsistent and that was leading to one conclusion, namely that there are notable differences between individual brain functionality when it comes to interpretation of what is heard through senses. In fact the same applies to interpreting info from all senses. Moreover, it does not apply only to interpreting music but everything.

Interestingly, there is also a great difference between the way female and male brains interpret exactly the same sentences and even words. When it comes to music women concentrate on the emotional associations and that is why they as customers (including hi-fi industry) are quite different than men. Anyway, the role of brain as final interpreter of what comes to it through senses and the way it prioritizes that information is generally not given proper attention by most.

Moreover, many brains which perceive differences between X and Y (and not all brains do) will not give a d… because their priorities (often subconscious) are somewhere else. So if we do something for ourselves than we (our brains) are the only judges of the result. If we work/produce for others we have to take into account not only their ability to tell apart X from Y or A from B but what of these constitute priorities for their brains. In that context it often appears that we can’t tell apart A from B.

To conclude, I think it is worth to notice sometimes that whatever comes to our consciousness is greatly influenced by working of our brains - and not only by signals from the outer world. And final very tricky question: “sounds great” or “most faithful reproduction”?
Standing ovation. :clap:
Ciao, Paolo.

«Se tu hai una mela, e io ho una mela, e ce le scambiamo, tu ed io abbiamo sempre una mela per uno. Ma se tu hai un'idea, ed io ho un'idea, e ce le scambiamo, allora abbiamo entrambi due idee.»
Rispondi
  • Argomenti simili
    Risposte
    Visite
    Ultimo messaggio