Energia ad alta frequenza

Discussioni varie, audio e non.
Rispondi
gluca
sostenitore

Messaggio da gluca »

Un interessante articolo sulle componenti armoniche superiori ai 20kHz

Il link l'ho recuperato dal blog di J Atwood. Leggete tutto e non saltate subito alle conclusioni.

** we are made of nothing but voices echoing from the past
and pointing their fingers to the future showing the direction. we will eventually follow that line **
"i was looking back to see if you were looking back at me to see me looking back at you"
Giaime
sostenitore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Giaime »

Letto, molto interessante.

Non mi aspettavo la presenza di energia fuori banda anche da parte di strumenti meno "chiassosi" dei piatti della batteria.

Qui il lavoro di quel Oohashi citato nel testo:
http://jn.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/83/6/3548

Personalmente, finchè lavoravo in studio, non mi è mai capitato di vedere usato un microfono che avesse alcuna risposta sopra i 17-19kHz... :(

Ciao!
Giaime Ugliano
Giaime Ugliano
gluca
sostenitore

Messaggio da gluca »

Molto interessante. Sembra che abbia senso usare supertweeter e bisogna farsi pre ed amp che arrivino sino ai 50kHz (i miei ci arrivano :D ). Peccato che l'articolo non sviluppi in maniera più approfondita i meccanismi con cui le altissime frequenze vengono "sentite".

L'aspetto più sorprendente è stato leggere che anche chi ha udito "impaired" percepisce la presenza di altissime frequenze.

Mi viene voglia di farmi un ciddì con la sovrapposizione di un tono a 40kHz ad un brano ed ascoltarlo per valutare eventuali differenze.

Ti aggiungo alcune considerazioni OT di de Paravicini sui mikes. Vergognati, non vi avrebbe neanche rivolto la parole!

A circular diaphragm has one dominant resonant mode. But a rectangular diaphragm does not have the same resonant mode in both axes, so it tends to have a flatter response. Also, a rectangular diaphragm has less off-axis coloration in the horizontal plane than does a circular diaphragm of the same area.

My mikes are transformer-coupled, triode designs. The electronics have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 35 kHz (-1 dB).

I use transformers in my microphones because they can do the job better than anything else. There's no advantage in transformerless circuits because a lot of them can't drive long lines. As long as I know that the electronics of my microphone go from 3 Hz to 100 kHz at the end of 1,000 meters of cable, I'm all right.

Some transformerless mikes have pathetic headroom. Disgusting. We're besotted with this phantom-power philosophy. Most of the mikes draw only I damn milliamp at 48 volts, max. That's 48 mW of energy; it doesn't give you a lot of headroom. I want a mike that can shove 3 volts, +12 dBm, down a line, 20 to 20k, boom! Why so much voltage? Suppose you take a capacitor mike that produces 10-mV output with 74-dB SPL input. At 144 dB SPL, the mike will put out over 3 volts.

** we are made of nothing but voices echoing from the past
and pointing their fingers to the future showing the direction. we will eventually follow that line **
"i was looking back to see if you were looking back at me to see me looking back at you"
Rispondi
  • Argomenti simili
    Risposte
    Visite
    Ultimo messaggio